As opportunities arise to start new Road to HOPE groups, we need volunteers who are willing to train to become Certified Leaders. All volunteers are required to first complete Road to HOPE themselves and then can apply for Group Leader Training. Accepted candidates must successfully complete training that includes self-awareness, counseling and developmental theory, group dynamics, active listening and communication skills, and dealing with grief and loss. The Leader Training Program is approximately 40 hours long and is generally delivered on 4 – 5 full day sessions.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Emmaus CARES is looking for volunteers in other capacities as well.
- New board members – Applications are welcome from dedicated individuals who feel called to work in this area and would bring useful expertise to our organization in any of the following areas: justice, law, counseling, publishing, finance, promotion, social media, mental health, resource development, etc.
- Resource Development – Emmaus CARES is currently working on publishing a series of Children’s Books and has other projects planned. We are looking for collaborators, writers, editors, and illustrators.
- Social Media Co-ordinator – We want to maximize both our effectiveness and presence on Social Media. We need someone who can manage our regularly scheduled social media posts and respond to inquiries.
- Fundraising Skills – We need individuals to pursue funding of various types. This may include grant proposals, specific fundraising campaigns or events, and other creative ways to raise money.
- Financial Partners – Emmaus CARES depends totally on the donations of individuals, groups, and organizations to deliver our services. We need committed individuals who believe in what we do and are willing to contribute on an ongoing or one-time basis to this work. ‘In kind’ donations are also welcome and may include travel/accommodation points, gift cards, gas cards, office supplies, etc.
Financial donations can be made through:
- Canada Helps (either one time or regular donations can be set up here)
- Call/text 519-777-5717 to get an address to send a cheque made out to Emmaus CARES or email address for e-transfers
- All donations of any kind (over $20.00) will receive charitable receipts.
CRA Registration: #86451 8840 RR0001